- Wash hands and wash them often. Washing your hands will help prevent the spread of cold and flu germs.
- Manage stress. Give yourself a break if you feel stressed out, overwhelmed, and out of control. Some of the best ways to manage stress are to find support, connect socially, and get plenty of sleep.
- Don’t drink and drive (or let other drink and drive). Whenever anyone drives drunk, they put everyone on the road in danger. Choose not to drink and drive and help others do the same.
- Bundle up. Stay warm. Wear appropriate winter outdoor clothing (light, warm layers, gloves, hats, scarves, and waterproof boots). At home, work, and on the road, be prepared and prevent injuries too.
- Be smoke-free. Avoid smoking and secondhand smoke. Smokers have greater health risks because of their tobacco use, but non-smokers also are at risk when exposed to tobacco smoke.
- Fasten seat belts while driving or riding in a motor vehicle. Always buckle your children in the car using a child safety seat, booster seat, or seat belt according to their height, weight, and age. Buckle up every time, no matter how short the trip and encourage passengers to do the same.
Have a safe and happy holiday!Tags: family medicine, health holiday, healthy holiday, holida, holiday, holiday safe, holiday safety, holidays