Why donate blood, you may ask?
According to the American Red Cross, You don’t need a special reason to give blood. You just need your own reason.
- Some of us give blood because we were asked by a friend
- Some know that a family member or a friend might need blood some day
- Some believe it is the right thing we do
Whether you have a reason or not, the need for blood is always there. Your contribution is important for a healthy and reliable blood supply. And you’ll feel good knowing you’ve helped to change a life.
Not only does donating blood benefit those in need, it can also have healthy benefits to you. Benefits include:
- Giving blood may help your blood flow better
- During your donation, you’ll get a mini check-up checking your blood pressure and hemoglobin levels
- Giving blood helps your iron levels stay balanced
- Doing good for others can even help you live longer. From a psychological perspective the benefits of knowing you’re giving back can have long term effects.
Contact your local Red Cross to find out where you can give blood.Tags: blood donation, blood donations, blood donor, donate blood, donation, give blood, giving blood, help blood, save a life, save life with blood, save lives