Candy! Candy! Candy! Kids love their candy on Halloween. With this fun holiday for children and adults alike, there are ample ways to keep them healthy and safe, while providing a chance to give out healthy snacks, get physical activity, and focus on safety.
Below are a few tips to help you keep your trick-or-treaters or Halloween party guests safe while enjoying Halloween fun:
- Remind drivers to watch out for trick-or-treaters and to drive safely.
- Provide healthier treats for trick-or-treaters such as low-calorie treats and drinks. For party guests, offer a variety of fruits, vegetables, and cheeses.
- Use party games and trick-or-treat time as an opportunity for kids to get their daily dose of 60 minutes of physical activity.
- Be sure walking areas and stairs are well-lit and free of obstacles that could result in falls.
- Keep candle-lit jack o’lanterns and luminaries away from doorsteps, walkways, landings, and curtains. Place them on sturdy tables, keep them out of the reach of pets and small children, and never leave them unattended.
Have a fun and safe Halloween!Tags: family medicine, halloween, halloween safety, halloween safety tips, halloween tips, halloween tricks, healthy halloween, safe and healthy, safe halloween