How to make Black Friday Healthier!
Black Friday is one of the biggest shopping days of the year. Since you may be out and about, we have a few tips to help you make your experience less stressful and healthier.
Consider a few of the following tips to get your through Black Friday in a healthier way:
- Start your day with hydration. Since you more than likely overindulged on Thanksgiving, start your Black Friday with a big glass of water and lemon. This will help to hydrate you. You can also consider adding some electrolytes to it as well as long as they are low on sugar.
- Eat breakfast, even if you don’t feel like it. You don’t want to be starving later, when you only have unhealthy options at the food court. Make sure your breakfast doesn’t include any processed foods or anything too sugary that might make you crash later.
- Stay on the move. You can make your Black Friday shopping into a workout by power walking or doing a few lunges, squats, calf raises or similar moves in between shopping trips or stores. If you would rather do your workout separately, plan on some light yoga or Pilates at the very least. Yoga will also help to calm you after the stress of a crazy shopping outing.
- Think ahead and pack snacks. Pack healthy, energizing snacks to take with you so you can avoid sugary and processed temptations.
- Get sleep the night before. Make sure you get enough sleep the night before. Thanksgiving stress can cause you to not sleep well. As a result your body will be tense and your muscles will be tight. If you only get a few hours sleep, the next day you can’t function and set yourself up an unhealthy experience.
- Try not to leave all of your shopping to Black Friday. This will just stress you out. Consider waiting for Cyber Monday deals as well to keep your stress levels down.
Have additional ideas for Black Friday? Incorporate them into your day to keep your day healthier and stress free.