Donate Your Life Donate you life is an interesting concept. A lot of you may even question, what exactly does it mean to “donate your life”? This blog post is intended to help inform you of how you can help through registering as an organ, eye and tissue donor. We will start by saying that we understand that becoming a donor is not for everyone, and we respect that. For those that are interested in registering to become a donor, you are opening the door to bridge the gap between one family’s mourning and another’s healing. According to OrganDonor.gov:
- There were over 116,000 men, women and children on the national transplant waiting list as of August 2017
- 33,611 Transplants were performed in 2016
- 20 People die each day waiting for a transplant
- Every 10 minutes another person is added to the waiting list
- 95% of U.S. adults support organ donation, but only 54% are actually signed up as donors.