Switching Your Physician and Joining us at UFMC Pueblo Are you looking to join us at UFMC Pueblo, but already have a primary care physician or family doctor? No worries, the transition is easy. Not sure how to make sure we’re an in-network provider on your plan? Here are two ways:
- Call us! We’re here to help. We will review your insurance policy to make sure we cover you. Before you visit any provider or facility, we recommend you call ahead to be sure we are in your plan’s network, as well as confirm our address, office hours, and our new patient acceptance status.
- Feeling shy, or already on your computer? You can also head over to your health insurance provider’s website and login. There is generally a link that says “find a doctor” or something similar where you can enter your preferred physician or UFMC’s practice name into the search. This will provide you with the results you need to make sure you’re covered.
- Network status. Choose a primary care provider that is in-network to save on out-of-pocket costs when you go to the doctor.
- Quality designations and board certifications. These show that the provider has taken extra steps to provide quality care.
- Location. Look for an office that's convenient to your home or work. Make sure there is public transportation or parking nearby.
- Hospital affiliation. If there's a hospital you prefer, it can be helpful to find a provider who's affiliated with that hospital. If you have a hospital stay, this can make it easier for the hospital to share information with your doctor. You can also confirm that the hospital is in your plan’s network.