People, especially in Colorado, carry water everywhere. Water is essential to your health and your survival. Not only is it essential it’s great for you too.
- Drinking water helps maintain body fluid balance. Water makes up 60% of your body and is included in functions such as digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature.
- Water helps control calories. While water has no magical effect on weight loss, if substituting it for higher calorie beverages can certainly help. It can also help fill you up so you get full faster.
- Water helps energize muscles and flush lactic acid after workouts. Water helps cells maintain their balance of fluids and electrolytes shrivel, which can result in muscle fatigue.
- Water helps skin stay good and youthful. Your skin contains plenty of water, and functions as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. Unfortunately it does not over-hydration to erase wrinkles or fine lines. But can make you look younger with hydration.
- Water helps your kidneys transport waste products in and out of cells. Your body does a great job of flushing fluids as long as your water intake is high.